Click here to see more Chincoteague Island events.
Come and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of our beach town. As the closest accommodations to Assateague National Seashore and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, it is an easy bike ride or walk to Assateague Island. With numerous trails, miles of pristine seashore, two beautiful information visitor centers as well an old Assateague Lighthouse, and herds of wild ponies, you can bird watch, swim, surf, sunbathe, hike, kayak, fish, crab, clam, and bike - this Island will fill your days with many memory making moments.
Chincoteague Island has numerous festivals and museums for visitors and locals alike to enjoy. Located next door to Best Western Chincoteague Island is the newly renovated Museum of Chincoteague Island. With rotating displays and numerous artifacts, it is a treasure not to be missed.
Other events you may want to plan to attend:
- New Year's Eve Horseshoe Drop (New York City has the Ball...we drop a lighted horseshoe!)
- Pony Polar Plunge (Take in dip in the Atlantic Ocean with a few friends and start the year right!)
- Search for Shamrock (March)
- Easter Decoy and Art Show
- Spring Seafood Festival
- Mother Earth Day Festival
- Blessing of the Fleet
- Chincoteague Volunteer Fireman Carnival and Pony Penning
- 4th of July Firework Celebration
- Oyster Festival
- Christmas By the Sea